Tuesday, December 18, 2012

HANDmade Christmas craft!

You know when you were little and you asked your parents what they wanted for Christmas and they would say, "make me something" and you would roll your eyes and think "what about something from Target?" Yeah me too.

Well I have some cute little things you can whip up with your kidlets that they will LOVE.


I found this idea on pinterest and loved it.
Peanuts hands are the perfect size for the snowmen but Big Sisters were far too big so we tried thumbprint reindeer. I am pretty pleased with the results.


I didn't get any shots of the process. Let's just say that it took both Hubby and I to get Peanuts handprint on the bauble and we lost a couple in the process as they were a little smooshed, but we soon got into a rhythm and were knocking them out. Once they had dried I added the detail with a sharpie and coloured pens. Very easy.


The reindeer were super easy. Three thumbprints with brown paint and once dry I added the detail again with the sharpie and a red permanent marker.

Both baubles had the children's names on the back with 2012.

I know the Grandparents are going to love these. (Sorry to the Grandparents receiving these ones. No surprise for you now).

Christmas wrapping paper can be insanely expensive so we made some cheap but fun paper of our own this year.


Excuse the photos.The light was really bad but you should get the idea.


Butchers paper is great to use for this sort of thing. We got ours at Windmill but I'm told you can get it at Officeworks too.
We started with some green handprints in a outwards facing circle.


We then added some red dots to make it look a little like holly.


I bought a load of red ribbon at Chickenfeed before they closed. So I added a little because I have a very tragic but very real ribbon addiction. You certainly don't need it though. It looks great without it.

So there you go. Some HAND made Chrissie craft to do if you are stuck for ideas.

Happy baubling!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! Hope I'm on the grandparent handmade bauble list!

    ReplyDelete