Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yogurt Painting


Ok. First post!!!!

Here we go……..

My little Peanut, is busy! One of my best friends describes her as being “FULL NOISE”. She’s a go hard or go home kind of kid. So keeping her entertained is a full time job.

 I am constantly looking for ways to keep her busy and stimulated and myself SANE! Pinterest is my main source of inspiration, and I am always finding fun activities to do with the kids on the site.

I came across the idea of yogurt painting a week or so ago and thought it sounded perfect. So we gave it a try.


She loved it.
If you have little ones you should definitely try this idea.

First you need to get organised because once you start you can’t step away for a moment. Can I recommend you run a bath first. This way you can just throw baby/toddler in as soon as they have finished. You don’t want to be left holding a slippery child while waiting for the tub to fill, and a wipe down with wet ones just wont cut it.


Next you need to gather your supplies. I tried laying down a drop cloth first but didn’t need it in the end, some butchers paper or cardboard, food colouring and yogurt.
I used vanilla yogurt but think next time I will use natural. She just loved the taste too much and spent more time licking it off her fingers than painting.


I mixed 4 or 5 drops of each into the yogurt tubs to get the colours I wanted but it’s personal preference.


The before shot. Yes we got naked!


She was very tentative at first. Rubbing it through her fingers.


Then it got messy.


Yep. Having fun Mum!


Mmmm!


Her first painting.

The food colouring didn’t stain her skin and surprisingly the yogurt didn’t smell when it dried. Bonus!

We will definitely do this again.

Try it. Let me know how you go. I’d love to hear how your kids enjoyed it!


No comments:

Post a Comment